Sunday, January 9, 2011

A new year, a new adventure...

The final stretch until my departure for Ghana on the 20th is less than 2 weeks away!!!



                                                        This is how excited I am!!!

And with only a week left of work to wrap up projects and set up the spring for a good friend who will be taking over the portfolio I've been managing for the past 4 months!

It's all very exciting, but extremely nerve-wracking.

Some of the good and exciting news is that our support team from CCI - mostly the wonderful Nika -  has introduced me to some of the other volunteers who will be joining me at Pro-Link in the upcoming months.

I think it will be cool to have two additional volunteers there to share the journey. And, since their mandates are so different, but complimentary, I think there will be great potential to share ideas and learn from each other. I am particularly interested in Melissa's work in Monitoring and Evaluation as this is a skill I want to continue to develop and apply.

Also, I am looking forward to speaking with Kari this week who has been at Pro-Link since September. She is going to be a wealth of knowledge as to how I can finish preparations over these last few days and ease into a transition into Pro-Link professional culture.

Plus, I am sure she will be at the airport welcoming me to Accra with these women...



Until then, I am googling, reading articles, and spending time with friends and family who tell me they will miss me dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment