Friday, January 28, 2011

Kwa Pamoja: 3 Peaks 3 Weeks 2011!

This time last year I was preparing to summit Mt Kilimanjaro.

Very slowly. (I definitely mastered the concept of 'pole pole')

As part of the 2010 3 Peaks 3 Weeks Challenge: Africa, I was able to participate in a truly life-changing experience. Together, 11 women from across the world climbed 3 of Africa's highest peaks for peak issues affecting Africa today: the environment, education, and HIV/AIDS. The commitment and learning that I experienced during 3P3W has been a platform for my current work in Ghana.

I loved the experience. And tonight, the 2011 team will make their Kili summit attempt. These incredible women (and some of the best mountain guides in the world - Summits Africa) will start in the dark to make it to the peak around sunrise.


They have raised over $91,000 USD for grassroots East African organizations working towards sustainable change for families in Kenya and Tanzania.

I know how challenging this summit will be. And these girls and guides are in my heart today as they climb for change.

To follow their journey, please check out LIVE updates from the mountains.

To learn more about 3 Peaks 3 Weeks, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment